MG (Morris Garages) Motor India today launched MG HECTOR at a special introductory price of INR 12.18 Lakhs to INR 16.88 Lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi). This is the brand’s first vehicle in the Indian market and has already seen massive interest from the buyers.
Hector is India’s first connected car and also the first 48V hybrid SUV which effectively cuts CO2 emissions by 11% and increases the fuel economy by 12%. The car comes with a host of features some of which are the segments first.
MG Hector features
- 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine delivers 143 PS power at a peak torque of 250 Nm
- A 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine will deliver 170 PS at a peak torque of 350 Nm
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency for both petrol and diesel with the Petrol Hybrid MT returning 15.81 km/l and diesel 17.41 km/l, as per ARAI.
- 10.4-inch HD touchscreen features iSMART gives easy access to information, and complete control.
- M2M (Machine to Machine) embedded 5G-ready SIM with Internet protocol version 6 (IPV6).
- New software and entertainment content updated over the air.
- Controls functions remotely like AC switch on/switch off, sunroof, tailgate and door lock/unlock with your mobile app
- Online Navigation with live traffic updates for a faster, smoother drive.
- Over 100+Voice Commands activated by saying “Hello MG”, for hands-free control.
- Entertainment content preloaded in your car’s Head Unit.
- Endless music of your choice with a built-in Gaana Premium account.
- Self-initiated Emergency Call sends a message and location to the 24/7 Pulse Hub if airbags are deployed. The Pulse Hub calls the car and owner for immediate assistance.
- Get a call from the Pulse Hub for general assistance at the touch of the I-Call button.
- Driver analytics – harsh braking, running idle, drive time, routes taken, etc. easily available on the screen.
- Finds car’s location and the shortest route to it on your app.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options
- LED daytime running lights, panoramic sunroof, 360-degree camera, cruise control, electrically adjustable front seats, and heated ORVMs.
- Sophisticated mild-hybrid architecture – uses a 48-volt lithium-ion battery to store energy and provide extra torque assistance of up to 20 Nm.
MG HECTOR is available in a total of 11 combinations across 4 variants namely Style, Super, Smart and Sharp with 3 engine options – Petrol, Petrol Hybrid, and Diesel.
MG Hector India Pricing
MG HECTOR Ex-Showroom Delhi Prices (INR Lacs)
|Petrol Hybrid MT||–||13.58||14.68||15.88|
Deliveries to customers who have pre-booked the MG HECTOR have been slated from the first week of July through its network of 120 centers across India, which the carmaker aims to expand further to 250 centers by September this year.