Xiaomi finally brought the Redmi Note 7 to India after a heavy round of teasing it. The phone has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ waterdrop notch display with 81.37% screen-to-body ratio. Taking on the competition very aggressively, the Note 7 is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC with up to 4GB of RAM and runs Android 9 Pie out of the box with MIUI 10 on top.
In terms of optics, the phone has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX486 sensor with an f/2.2 aperture along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots. There is a 13-megapixel camera on the front with AI beautify and AI portrait features, as well as AI, face unlock. Note 7 comes with a glass back and rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
There is a massive 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 for 18W fast charging but you will have to buy the 18W fast charger as an extra accessory.
Redmi Note 7 specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 CPU
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
The Redmi Note 7 comes in Onyx Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue colors and is priced at INR 9999 while the 4GB with 64GB version costs INR 11,999. It will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting from March 6.