Xiaomi just announced its first smartwatch product in the Chinese market along with a bunch of new products. The Mi Watch comes with a 1.78-inch AMOLED touch screen and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 with 1GB of RAM. Under the hood, you get Wear OS with MIUI 11 for watch on top.
The Watch has support for eSIM for 4G VoLTE calling through all the major operators in China such as China Telecom and China Unicom while it promises up to 36 hours of battery life on 4G. The watch can automatically track 10 sports activities along with a host of other features. The addition of Wear OS indicates that Xiaomi might launch a global variant very soon.
Xiaomi Mi Watch specifications
- 1.78-inch AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 / sapphire crystal (Premium Edition) protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 Platform
- 1GB RAM, 8GB eMMC
- Wear OS with MIUI For Watch on top
- Sports, Activity and Sleep Tracking
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer
- Swim Proof
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU, NFC
- Weight: 44g (without strap) / 56g (Premium Edition without strap)
- Speaker, microphone
- 570mAh battery with up to 36hours of battery life on 4G
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Watch comes in Silver and Elegant Black colors with rubber band and costs 1299 yuan (US$ 185 / INR 13,125 approx.) with sales starting in China from November 11th, while the Premium Edition in Black color with Stainless Steel band costs 1999 yuan (US$ 285 / INR 20,200 approx.), and will go on sale in China from mid-December.