It is safe to say that Xiaomi’s Mix lineup is their new flagship. Xiaomi just announced Mi Mix 2S at an event in China. Mix 2S has a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB RAM, support for Google ARCore and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with support for AI voice assistant. Unlike the Mix 2, the Mix 2S has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel auto focus and a secondary 12-megapixel rear camera for AI portraits and has AI scene recognition.
According to Xiaomi, the Mix 2S scored 101 in DxO Mark for photo and 88 for video and the overall DxO Mark score is 97. Xiaomi finally has added wireless charging to the Mix Series and we hope the Mi 7 sports it too.
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with 46mm telephoto lens, 1/3.4″ sensor size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 5MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 150.86×74.9x 8.1 mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with QC 3.0 fast charging, 7.5W Qi wireless charging