Xiaomi just announced their newest fitness band, the Mi Band 5 in China today. The band packs a 1.1-inch AMOLED color touch screen display, slightly larger than the one found on Mi Band 4.
The new Mi Band 5 is capable to track 11 sports modes and comes packed with some nifty band faces. The look and feel remain the same as that of the Mi Band 4. The band is also 5ATM water-resistant so that you can take it for swimming under 50 meters.
With the Mi Band 5, Xiaomi has enabled 24-hour sleep monitoring, including quick naps, REM deep sleep, irregular and sporadic sleep patterns, and rapid eye movement monitoring features. There were some touted features like an SPO2 monitor, Amazon Alexa support but those rumors turned out to false. What the does have is NFC, like on the previous model which can be used for contactless payments.
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 specifications
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) AMOLED 24bit color touch screen display with up to ≥450 nits brightness, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating
- Shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / Heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, Sedentary reminder
- 11 sports modes (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, skipping rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI health analysis, Women’s health tracking: Menstrual cycle,
- Tri-axis Accelerometer + Tri-axis Gyro, Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor, Pressure assessment, Breathing training, Remote shutter control
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water-resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (Optional)
- 125mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
Pricing and Availablity
The Mi Band 5 comes in Black color with 6 different colorful straps in Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Green colors and is priced at 189 yuan (INR 2,025 approx.) for the standard version and 229 yuan (INR 2,455 approx.) for the NFC edition. It will go on sale in China from June 18th, with Global launch slated to happen next month.