Samsung has announced its flagship Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ globally. Building upon last year’s models, the new phones pack a 6.2/6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Displays with 120Hz refresh rate. Like with previous Galaxy models, you get Snapdragon 865 / Exynos 990 SoC depending on the market.
The new phones are 5G ready but India will be getting an LTE model only. Other features include an in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, 25W fast charging, Android 10 with OneUI 2.1 on top. Coming to the optics, the S20 has triple rear cameras with a primary 12-megapixel Dual Pixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view and a 64-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS.
While the S20+ has an additional depth sensor. These also have a 10-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera. Both smartphones can shoot 8K 24fps videos right out of the box. Talking about the powerhouse, the phones pack a 4000mAh and 4,500mAh cell respectively.
Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ specifications
- S20 – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 563 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- S20+ – 6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- S20 – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- S20+ – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GBGB /256 / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with 76° FoV, f/2.0 aperture, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 3X, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera (S20+)
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S20 – 4,000mAh battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
- S20+ – 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare
Pricing and availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes in Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray, and Cloud Pink colors, and the Galaxy S20+ comes in Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, and Cosmic Black colors.
- Galaxy S20 LTE 128GB — US$ 1,035 (Rs. 73,890 approx.)
- Galaxy S20+ LTE 128GB — US$ 1,260 (Rs. 90,010 approx.)
The phones will go on Pre-Order starting tomorrow with sales starting March 6th.