Xiaomi at its new smartphone launch in New Delhi announced the Redmi Note 8 Pro for the Indian market. The new phone packs a 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with HDR and minimal bezels. There is an impressive 91.4% screen-to-body ratio and TÜV Rheinland eye protection certification.
This is the first phone in the market which is powered by the all-new Mediatek Helio G90T SoC which has been developed for gaming smartphones. Apart from this, the phone brings liquid cooling feature that will reduce the temperature of the phone by 4 to 6 degrees.
The phone comes with a Quad Camera module on the back with a 64-megapixel GW1 sensor from Samsung, an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 2cm macro shots. There is a 20-megapixel camera on the front. It also has a WiFi X antenna for more stable connectivity when gaming.
The Indian version of the phone comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, compared to hybrid SIM in the Chinese version and Amazon Alexa built-in. There is a 4500mAh battery with support for MediaTek Pump Express 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 8 Pro specifications
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T with 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Built-in Alexa with the dual wake word
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 8 Pro comes in Gamma Green, Halo White and Shadow Black colors, is priced at INR 14,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, while the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs INR 15,999 and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version cost INR 17,999. The phone will be available on Amazon.in and Mi.com starting October 21st.