Xiaomi’s sub-brand Redmi just announced their newest flagship smartphone K20 Pro in China today. The phone comes with a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with narrow bezels and is powered by the Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM.
The smartphone comes with a 20-megapixel pop-up front camera with a sapphire lens cover that can rise in 0.8 seconds, a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 8-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom and a 124.8° ultra-wide sensor. On the software front, the phone comes with the latest version of Android and MIUI 10 on top along with Game Turbo 2.0.
The phone features 3D curved design, and the back has a flame pattern in blue and red, while there is a unique kevlar gradient texture in black version. There is a 4000mAh battery powering the phone that comes with support for 27W fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 58% in half an hour.
Redmi K20 Pro specifications
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ OV8856 telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ Samsung S5K3L6 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L2 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Redmi K20 Pro comes in Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Fiber Black colors with prices starting at 2499 yuan (INR 25,200 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2599 yuan (INR 26,220 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 2799 yuan (INR 28,230 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 2999 yuan (INR 30,245 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China from June 1st.