Redmi just announced their newest budget smartphone the Redmi 8A in the Indian market. The phone comes with a 6.22-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with Dot Notch and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 SoC with up to 3GB RAM and runs Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top.
It has a plastic back with Aura wave grip design, comes with splash resistant nano-coating. On the imaging front, the phone comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera.
Redmi 8A specifications
- 6.2-inch HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, Dual PD autofocus
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing & Availability
The Redmi 8A comes in Midnight Black, Ocean Blue, and Sunset Red colors and is priced at INR 6,499 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version while the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs INR 6,999. The phone will be available from Flipkart and mi.com starting September 29th midnight. It will be available at Mi Home stores from 30th September, and will soon be available across all other offline stores.