Nubia just announced the RedMagic 5G, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. It packs a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate, a follow-up response time of 14.9ms, a sliding response time of 45ms, and a click response time of 32.2ms.
It comes powered by Snapdragon 865 with up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, a new L-shaped cooling pipe and Active Liquid-Cooling with Turbo Fan 3.0 is 200% cooler from previous RedMagic phones. The phone users dual IC game Shoulder Trigger Buttons that have also been improved to have a 300Hz touch refresh rate and down to 2ms touch delay.
In terms of optics, the phone comes with a 64MP Sony IMX686 main camera, along with an 8MP wide-angle lens, and a 2MP Bokeh lens, and a 12 MP front camera. There is also the 4,500mAh battery with 55W fast charging.
Nubia RedMagic 5G specifications
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate
- Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB /12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- Android 10 with Redmagic OS
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 12MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 5G NSA & SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 55W fast charging
The nubia RedMagic 5G comes in Black, Red and Gradient versions, is priced at 3799 yuan (INR 40,265 approx.) for the 8GB+128GB version, 4099 yuan (INR 43,430 approx.) for the 12GB+128GB version, 4399 yuan (INR 46,605 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB and the 16GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4999 yuan (INR 52,965 approx.). There is also a transparent version at 4599 yuan (INR 48,725 approx.) for the 12GB+256GB and the 16GB RAM with a 256GB storage version of it costs 5199 yuan (US$ 739 / Rs. 55,085 approx.). It is now available for order and will go on sale in China from March 19th. Global rollout begins in April.