Nubia just announced the successor to their Red Magic 2 today in China. The new Red Magic 3 builds upon the last generation of the phone with some major additions. The phone sports a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90hz refresh rate and HDR. Under the hood, it features the Snapdragon 855 with up to 12GB of RAM for some serious gaming sessions.
There is also the addition of an active cooling system which the company is boasting about in the press material. An additional hardware switch toggles “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard which allows you to organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications, record in-game videos, and more.
There are also a set of Touch-sensitive shoulder triggers that provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory. On the imaging front, the phone packs a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor offering 12MP output and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera. There is a 5,000mAh battery with support for 27W quick charging, providing an hour of gameplay with a 10-minute charge.
Nubia Red Magic 3 specifications
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Redmagic OS 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-facing speakers, DTS:X
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic 3 comes in Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient colors and is priced at 2899 yuan (US$ 430 / INR 30,065 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 3199 yuan (US$ 475 / INR 33,175 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3499 yuan (US$ 519 / INR 36,290 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4299 yuan (US$ 638 / INR 44,590 approx.).
The phone goes on sale starting May 3rd in China with the global rollout later in the month.