Nubia just announced their newest gaming smartphone, the Red Magic 3 in the Indian market. The phone will go head to head with the likes of Black Shark 2, OnePlus 7 and OPPO Reno which are similarly priced and offer the same kind of internals.
The Red Magic 3 comes with a 6.65-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate and HDR support. It is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 12GB of RAM and comes with a cooling fan which can keep the temperatures up to 16 degrees lower. It also comes with an additional hardware switch that toggles “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard.
The phone packs a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor offering 12MP output and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera, has dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound support. There is also support for 8K video recording which is a first in any smartphone right now. Powering all this is a 5,000mAh battery with support for 27W fast charging.
Nubia Red Magic 3 specifications
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Redmagic OS 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash, 8k video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-facing speakers, DTS:X
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic 3 is priced at INR 35,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage Black and Flame Red versions while the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage Camouflage version is priced at INR 46,999. All the three color options go on sale on Flipkart starting June 27th.
Also launched are the accessories like Game Controller, Earphones and Charging Doc which are expected to be priced at INR 1,999, INR 2,999 and INR 2,499 approximately.