The new consumer tech brand in the space, Nothing, announced their first product the Ear (1) tws in India today. This marks the brand’s entry in the Indian market.
Formed just a year back, the brand is backed by some of the well-known investors and is headed by Carl Pei one of the ex-OnePlus cofounders. The Ear (1) tws has a transparent design to expose the engineering, including the circuits and the battery.
The Ear (1)s pack big 11.6mm dynamic driver on each bud and come with a system of 3 microphones on either side for top-notch Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). Each earbud weighs in at just 4.7gm, and delivers pressure-relieving vents, an ergonomic fit, and three customisable liquid silicone tips.
Along with the transparency mode, there is Light mode for moderate noise cancellation and Maximum mode for noisier environments. It promises up to 5.7 hours of listening time and up to 34 hours with the case. There is support for fast charging a 10 minutes charge through the case delivers up to 8 hours of listening for a day’s power. There is also support for Qi wireless charging on the case.
Nothing Ear (1) specifications
- 11.6mm dynamic driver
- Bluetooth 5.2
- AAC and SBC codec
- Up to 40db Smart Adaptive Noise cancellation with 2 modes, Transparency mode
- 3-mic call noise cancellation
- IPX4 rating
- Weight: Earbud: 4.7g; Charging box: 57.4 g
- buds offer up to 5.7 hours (without ANC) / 4 hours (with ANC) music playback, 34h (without ANC) / 24h (with ANC) with 570mAh charging case
- Qi wireless charging
- Fast charging– 10 mins for 8 hours, total charging time is 40 minutes, case charging time is 1.5 hours.
The Nothing Ear (1) is priced at INR 5,999 and will be available from Flipkart in India starting from August 17th.