MediaTek has unveiled the company’s latest processor for mid-range smartphones, the Helio P60 at the MWC 2018 . It is based on 12nm TSMC’s FinFET technology. MediaTek says that Helio P60 is the first SoC platform with a multi-core AI processing unit (mobile APU) and MediaTek’s NeuroPilot AI technology. Helio P60 promises 70% CPU performance boost over the Helio P23 and Helio P30, in addition to a 70% GPU performance enhancement.
It features four ARM Cortex A73 2 GHz CPUs and four ARM Cortex A53 2 GHz CPUs in an Octa-Core big.LITTLE configuration. Company says that P60 is up to 12% more efficient overall and up to 25% more power efficient in highly demanding games compared to P23.
MediaTek’s NeuroPilot SDK in P60 is compatible with Google Android Neural Networks API (Android NNAPI), and also supports common AI frameworks, including TensorFlow, TF Lite, Caffe, and Caffe2.
- TSMC 12nm FinFET technology
- Octa-core with four ARM Cortex-A73 up 2.0 GHz and four ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz
- 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 at up to 800MHz
- Up to 8GB RAM, dual-channel LPDDR4x at 1800 MHz, eMMC 5.1 / UFS 2.1
- Up to 16+20MP or 32MP camera
- Single or Dual Camera bokeh and depth of field features with a hardware depth engine enabling real-time bokeh preview
- Real-time HDR recording and viewing
- Up to Full HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) 20:9 display
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and FM radio
- Cat-7 (DL) / Cat-13 (UL); Dual 4G VoLTE; TAS 2.0; Global IMS, 600MHz (Band 71) frequency for North America
- IMS (VoLTEViLTEVoWi-Fi), Dual 4G SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) technology, Global eMBMS, HPUE
- MediaTek’s TAS 2.0 smart antenna technology gives optimal and sustained signal quality at the lowest power, Automatically detects and uses the best antenna combination, Faster data connection
- GPS/GLONASS/Beidou or GPS/GLONASS/Galileo co-receive
- MediaTek CorePilot 4.0: Energy Aware Scheduling, thermal management and UX monitoring