LG is in the process of redefining its smartphone business and the newest coming out following that strategy is the LG Velvet. The brand teased the product through a series of videos across its social media channels.
It is now known how the phone looks and the shades that it will be coming in. As for the markets, the phone will launch on May 7th in South Korea with a broader launch to follow soon. As for India’s availability, yes the phone will be coming to India towards the start of Q3(July, as per our sources).
As for the specs, the phone will sport the new mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 SoC with support for 5G. The phone will come in a single RAM and memory configuration, i.e the 8GB RAM and 128GB variant. As for the colors, at the launch, we will see the phone in a total of 4 shades. As for the display, the Velvet will sport a Full HD+ 6.8-inch curved OLED display, with a dew-drop notch, something we haven’t seen from LG in the past.
In their press material, LG talked about the ‘Raindrop’ camera design on the back and the phone will feature a triple camera setup on the back. The main sensor here will be a 48MP shooter from Samsung, coupled with an 8MP wide-angle lens and 5MP depth shooter. At the front, you will see a 16MP selfie shooter. As for the battery, the phone will come packed with a 4,300mAh cell with support for fast charging. Other notable specs include a headphone jack, USB Type-C port, microSD card slot, and stereo speakers.
LG Velvet specifications
- 6.8-inch FHD+ FullVision curved OLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G SoC
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, secondary 8MP ultra-wide-lens, 5MP depth camera, LED flash
- 16MP front camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, Boombox Speaker
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4,300mAh battery with support for Fast Charge
As for the pricing, the phone will launch between the $500-$600 mark with India prices touted to be below INR 30,000.