Huawei is all set to announce the new P40 series of smartphones on March 26th. Earlier this month, Huawei CEO Richard Yu confirmed that the P40 series flagship phones will be announced in Paris, France but due to the coronavirus outbreak the launch has now been made an online-event only.
Huawei has posted a new video teaser for the phone ahead of the announcement next week. Check it out below.
Earlier this week the brand, posted a teaser image that showed the large camera bump along with the launch date. The poster says #VisionaryPhotography highlighting the phone’s camera performance that we all have been accustomed to. Judging by the leaks swirling around, the new P40 series will have three smartphones under it, a P40, P40 Pro and a P40 Pro premium edition.
HUAWEI P40 Pro rumored specifications
- 6.5-inch Quad HD+ OLED display
- Kirin 990 5G chipset
- 52MP Sony IMX700 1/1.28″ 1.22μm pixels sensor with (Hexadeca Bayer) RYYB for 13MP output
- 40MP 1/1.5″ Sony IMX650 RGGB ultra-wide cine camera
- Telephoto camera for 3x optical zoom
- Dual prism periscope camera with 2P1G (plastic + glass) lenses for 10x optical zoom
- ToF sensor, Color temperature sensor
The P40 Pro Premium Edition is said to feature Penta rear camera arrangement and Ceramic back, while the P40 and P40 Pro standard edition could have quad rear cameras.
We should know all the details when the phones go official later this month.