Huawei today announced its flagship P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ smartphones in an online event. The P40 has a 6.1-inch FHD+ Flex OLED screen with 3.48mm, 4.47mm and 3mm ultra-narrow borders on the top, bottom and sides, respectively.
While both the P40 Pro and Pro+ feature 6.58-inch FHD+ Flex OLED Quad-curve Overflow Display with 2.65mm, 3.35mm and 1.71mm ultra-narrow borders on the top, bottom and sides, respectively. These smartphones are powered by the Kirin 990 and Kirin 990 5G SoCs. They run on Android 10 with EMUI 10 on top.
Coming to optics, these have 50MP Ultra Vision Camera with a 1/1.28-inch sensor that has a 16-in-1 pixel fusion technology for binned pixel size measuring 2.44μm to massively boost light intake for enhanced low-light performance. The P40 Pro has 40 MP Cine Camera, 12 MP SuperSensing Telephoto Camera with OIS for 5x optical zoom + 3D Depth Sensing Camera. In addition to the main 50MP Ultra Vision Camera with OIS, the P40 Pro+ has 40 MP Cine Camera, 8MP SuperZoom Camera with OIS for 10X Optical Zoom, 8MP Telephoto Camera with OIS, 3X Optical Zoom + 3D Depth Sensing Camera.
The P40 has a 3,800mAh battery with 22.5W SuperCharge while the P40 series packs a 4,200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge and the P40 Pro+ supporting world’s fastest 40W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge.
HUAWEI P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Camera for pro bokeh, Face unlocking, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4,200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
The HUAWEI P40 and HUAWEI P40 Pro come in Black, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White, Silver Frost, and Blush Gold colors. The P40 8GB RAM with 128GB and P40 Pro 8GB RAM with 256GB are priced at €799 (INR 67,120 approx.) and €999 (INR 82,125 approx.), respectively and will roll out from April 7th.
The HUAWEI P40 Pro+ comes in Ceramic Black and Ceramic White colors, is priced at €1399 (INR 1,17,420 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 512GB storage version and will be available from June 2020. There is no official word on India availability as of now, but we will update as and when we get any update.