Huawei just announced their 2019 Mate series flagship at a special event in Germany. The new Mate 30 Pro and Mate 30 Pro 5G comes with a 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED edge to edge 88-degree ultra-curved screen with narrow bezels. They are powered by the all-new Kirin 990 and Kirin 990G 7nm SoCs with dedicated NPUs and run Android 10 with EMUI 10.0 on top.
The availability of Google Apps is still an issue due to the on-going US-China trade war that has hit, Huawei the most. Coming back to the smartphones, both the models have an in-display fingerprint scanner and 3D Face unlock with Depth Sensing Camera and Gesture Sensor to identify your facial features and detect the movement of your hands.
Moving on to the optics, there is a quad rear camera system with Leica lens that includes 40MP Cine Camera to record Ultra Low-light, Ultra-slow Motion and Ultra Wide Angle Time-lapse videos, 40MP SuperSensing Camera, an 8MP Telephoto Camera and a 3D Depth Sensing Camera for Bokeh effects for portrait photos and videos. On the front, you get a 32MP selfie camera.
You get a massive 4,500mAh battery on both the models with 40W (10V/4A) Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology. There is also support for 27W fast wireless charging and reverse wireless charging at 10W.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro / Mate 30 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 x 1176 pixels) FHD+ OLED Display with 18.4:9 aspect ratio
- DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 40MP ( Cine Camera, f/1.8 aperture) + 40 MP (SuperSensing Camera, f/1.6 aperture, OIS) + 8 MP (Telephoto Camera, f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x Optical Zoom, 5x Hybrid Zoom3 and up to 30x Digital Zoom)+3D Depth Sensing Camera supports Autofocus (phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (HUAWEI AI Image Stabilization), 7680fps ultra-slow motion, 4k HDR+ time-lapse
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Depth Sensing Camera for 3D Face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Side-touch interaction for dual-sided volume control
- Infrared sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4,500mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro comes in Emerald Green, Space Silver, Cosmic Purple, and Black, and is priced at 1099 Euros (US$ 1213 / INR 86,590 approx.), while the Mate 30 Pro 5G also comes in Forest Green and Orange are available in vegan leather and is priced at 1199 Euros (US$ 1324 / INR 94,470 approx.).
The Mate 30 Pro is expected to launch in India around the Diwali season, so stay tuned for updates.