Fitbit launched the Charge 4, the company’s next-generation fitness tracker in India today. It has built-in GPS and Spotify (Premium required), features a swim-proof design, an inductive button, a scratch-resistant screen, a bright, crisp touchscreen display that is easy to view in natural light and promises up to 7 days of battery life.
Fitbit Charge 4 features
- Active Zone Minutes, a new personalized standard based on your resting heart rate and age that tracks any workout that gets your heart pumping, from indoor biking to yoga, measuring the time you spend in each heart rate zone toward a weekly goal of 150 minutes.
- As the first Fitbit tracker with built-in GPS, you can leave your phone at home and get optimal performance for activities like running, walking and other outdoor excursions.
- Now with the ability to track your pace and distance in real-time, in addition to the 20+ goal-based exercise modes, you can access seven GPS-enabled exercise modes, including a new outdoor workout mode for any outdoor activity like hiking, running or a brisk walk.
- With Fitbit’s PurePulse 24/7 heart rate tracking, Active Zone Minutes uses your personalized heart rate zones to track your effort for any heart-pumping activity, whether doing a HIIT workout, power yoga or taking a vigorous walk outside.
- Fitbit’s leading sleep features are included with Charge 4 to help you understand and improve your sleep. Previously only available on Fitbit smartwatches, smart wake (coming soon) uses machine learning to wake you at the optimal time.
- Sleep Score provides deeper insights into your sleep with a daily look at the quality of your sleep, now available on-wrist for Charge 4. Other sleep features on Charge 4 make it easy to improve your sleep all from your wrist: quickly set alarms and activate Sleep Mode to maintain routines and sleep schedules.
- Charge 4 also features a relative SpO2 sensor, which powers Fitbit’s Estimated Oxygen Variation Graph in the Fitbit app. With the graph, see an estimate of the oxygen level variability in your bloodstream, which may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.
- In addition, Charge 4 comes with SmartTrack automatic exercise tracking, Cardio Fitness Level and Score, floors climbed, Reminders to Move every hour, female health-tracking, food, water, and weight logging and more.
- The first Fitbit tracker with Spotify, Charge 4 helps you stay motivated with your favorite playlists and songs with easy-to-access music controls that let you choose the music output, play, shuffle and skip content, and like songs right from the wrist.
- Never miss an alert with on-screen call, text, agenda and app notifications, and keep in touch with family and friends with quick replies on Android to respond on-the-go or mute alerts with Do Not Disturb mode.
- For users looking to build on the device experience with extra guidance, support and motivation, which is even more critical these days, Fitbit Premium is a paid subscription service in the Fitbit app that you can access conveniently from your phone, whenever you need it and no matter where you are.
- Leveraging insights from 10+ years of data along with academic and medical expertise, Premium delivers customized guided programs, advanced sleep tools, personal insights, thousands of workouts, new challenges, and health reports to help you move more, sleep better and eat well.
- Charge 4 comes with up to seven days of battery life
The Fitbit Charge 4 comes in black, rosewood and storm blue/black and is priced at INR 14,999. The Charge 4 Special Edition with exclusive granite reflective/black woven band plus a classic black band will be available for INR 16,999. It will be available in stores and online worldwide starting in April 2020.
n addition, anyone new to Fitbit Premium can get a 90-day free trial of this paid subscription. After the 90-day trial period, Fitbit Premium will be available for INR 819/month or INR 6,999/year.