At the HUAWEI P40 series global launch, HUAWEI also unveiled EMUI 10.1 introducing more capabilities enabled by Huawei’s distributed technology to enrich the user experience. some features such as HUAWEI MeeTime and more Multi-screen Collaboration capabilities, Celia voice assistant, Multi-Screen Collaboration have been added to this update.
- Scrolling now reacts to user inputs with a new physics-inspired friction-slide effect. Similar to how objects in motion gradually decelerate as they lose their momentum to friction, the scrolling animations now also slow down before coming to a natural stop.
- The acceleration model is developed based on human factors research, ensuring that the animations behave just as users would expect.
- Swiping inwards from either side and pausing bring out the sidebar.
- Apps inside the sidebar can be dragged across the screen to initiate Multi-Window.
- Images, text and even files can be dragged from one app to another.
- Floating Window allows users to perform basic tasks such as responding to text messages without exiting the active full-screen app, so users can stay focused on their tasks at hand.
- All New Themes: This Moment Capture the beauty of light during the transition and fusion of ice and water. At the instant of movement and stillness, softness and rigidity, force and beauty, condensing moving moments.
- HUAWEI MeeTime is the world’s first all-scenario video calling app supporting up to 1080p Full HD video calls between HUAWEI devices
- HUAWEI MeeTime takes full advantage of the integration between HUAWEI’s software and hardware to deliver a high-quality video call experience.
- Brightness enhancements and beautification algorithms are built into HUAWEI MeeTime to optimize video quality in low-light conditions.
- Optimizations are also made to enable HUAWEI MeeTime to deliver a smooth video call experience even in less optimal network conditions.
- Users may also share their screen during a call with the other party and simultaneously mark-up the screen to collaborate with each other.
- Thanks to HUAWEI’s distributed technology, third party cameras such as Drift action camera can be wirelessly connected with a HUAWEI smartphone running EMUI 10.1 and be used as an external HUAWEI MeeTime camera to bring new experiences to video calls.
Multi-Device Control Panel
- Multi-Device Control Panel provides a unified platform that lets users see every connected device in their proximity at a glance.
- Connecting one device to another is as easy as tapping on the corresponding button on the menu.
- Available by swiping up from either corner, the panel can be used to turn IoT devices on or off, set up smartphone screen projection, initiate Multi-screen Collaboration and more.
- The Multi-Device Control Centre also intelligently recommends nearby devices that can be used to improve the current user experience.
- For instance, when a user is listening to music on HUAWEI Music with a HUAWEI Sound X nearby, Multi-Device Control Panel will suggest switching the audio output to the smart speaker to get better sound quality.
- HUAWEI Share on EMUI 10.1 supports high-speed file transfer between two HUAWEI devices.
- In addition to HUAWEI smartphones, tablets and PC, HUAWEI Share now also supports third-party products.
- For example, a renowned European photo printing company Cewe has implemented HUAWEI Share in their photo printing kiosks, enabling users to easily print their photos wirelessly.
- HUAWEI’s voice assistant Celia is arriving with EMUI 10.1 for international markets.
- Simply wake up the voice assistant by holding down the power button for one second or saying “Hey Celia”.
- Celia has a range of abilities to help users get things done.
- The deep integration grants Celia access to the device’s hardware and AI, enabling the voice assistant to support object identification, media playback control, text messaging, face-to-face translation, calorie scanning and more.
- Celia speaks English, French, and Spanish at launch, and will be rolling out to the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Mexico, Chile and Columbia in the first phase, with more countries to come in the future.
EMUI 10.1 will roll out to over 30 HUAWEI smartphone models, including the HUAWEI Mate 30 Series, HUAWEI Mate X, HUAWEI P30 Series and more. Exact roll out details and the list of devices will be revealed soon.