As being slated for quite a time now, Black Shark finally forayed into the Indian market with their Black Shark 2 gaming smartphone. Black Shark 2 was introduced in March this year in China and comes with a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR support along with touch optimizations for a better gaming experience.
On the processing front, the phone is powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC with up to 12GB RAM. For getting the best performance out of the setup, Black Shark has developed a cooling system called Cooling 3.0 which uses liquid-cooled plate + liquid-cooled tube that can effectively cover all the heat-generating components to reduce the CPU’s core temperature by up to 14° C.
Other than this, the phone comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner, RGB logo on the back, 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 12-megapixel telephoto lens for 2x loss-less zoom, 20-megapixel front camera and a 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging that offers 30 minutes of gaming with just 5 minutes of charging.
Black Shark 2 specifications
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm processor with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Samsung GM1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, a telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom,
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Black Shark 2 is priced at INR 39,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage Shadow Black color version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage Frozen Silver color version is priced at INR 49,999. The phone goes on sale starting June 4th on Flipkart