ASUS has announced the ROG Phone II, the successor to their ROG Phone. has a 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 120Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with a DCPI-3 color gamut, making it the first smartphone to feature such a kind of display. On the processor front, the phone is also one of the first to feature the all-new Snapdragon 855+ with up to 12GB RAM.
There is an optical under-display fingerprint scanner, 3D vapor chamber that efficiently transfers heat away from the SoC and into the body while gaming, to cool down the phone even further. There is a 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 13-megapixel 125° ultra-wide camera, and a 24-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has dedicated ultrasonic AirTriggers with faster haptic response rate, 3.5mm audio jack and stereo front-facing speakers with DTS: X Ultra surround sound effect. Ths battery is a massive 6,000mAh cell which is a major bump when compared to the 4,000mAh found in the original ROG Phone.
ASUS ROG Phone II specifications
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ 120Hz OLED display
- 10-bit HDR
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging
- Supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone II comes in Black color and ASUS is yet to reveal the price. The phone will go on sale in China first with the global rollout slated in the month of September.