Asus revealed today the date on which their newest flagship will launch in India after the company faced a setback with the ZenFone branding in the Indian market. This is perhaps the reason why the phone will be launched as Asus 6z instead of Zenfone 6 branding.
The smartphone has already been listed on Flipkart, indicating that it will be a Flipkart exclusive offering like the earlier launched Zenfone 5z. The phone is already available in the European markets, so we have the specsheet available.
The phone comes with a 6.43-inch Full HD+, Snapdragon 855 processor with up to 8GB of RAM, Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6 on top, a Flip camera with 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor along with a 13-megapixel 125-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5,000mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 4.0.
ASUS 6z specifications
- 6.46-inch Full HD+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smart amp, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
The phone is expected to be priced under INR 30,000 for the base model, making it the cheapest Snapdragon 855 powered smartphone in the Indian market. Furthermore, the Asus 6z will go head to head with the like of OnePlus 7, OPPO Reno 10x Zoom and the yet to launched Redmi K20 Pro.